Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Linda

Fortunately, last night was a cruisy workout focusing on our snatch technique rather than pushing out the big weights.  I guess for those people who wanted to lift heavier they could, but for me I chose to go really light and work on getting the movements correct.  We had to do a few sets of pressing snatch balance, heaving snatch balance and then a full snatch balance.  My partner and I held the weight at 10 kg and we got some great pointers from the coach.  Overhead squats and full snatches are my biggest weakness of all the lifts hence I always appreciate the times when we can work on the little things to help my technique.

I was grateful of having an easier workout as today was a benchmark day.  It was Linda.  I have never done this WOD before so wasn't sure what to expect (apart from the fact that it was one of the girls so knew that it was going to be tough!)  This is Linda:

For Time:
10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 Reps of:
-
Deadlift, 1 1/2 body weight
Bench Press, body weight
Clean, 3/4 body weight
 
Of course I would be scaling this workout.  I went in with a plan on my weights which changed once I started warming up.  I seem to be struggling with my energy today (I really need to work on my nighttime routine to ensure I am getting enough sleep!)
 
My scaling was:
  • Deadlift: 50 kg (was hoping to do 60 kg)
  • Bench Press: 25 kg
  • Clean: 20 kg (I wanted to do 25 kg)
My time was 20:32 and as we had a 30 minute cut-off I was pleased with my time, I think I got my scaling just right as I was challenged but it wasn't messy.  Unfortunately, my hands didn't fare as well:
My hands have gotten soft over the holidays

No comments: