Pages

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

DT

Today was the hero WOD, 'DT', which consists of:

5 Rounds for time:
12 Deadlifts, 70kg/47.5kg
9 Hang Power Cleans, 70kg/47.5kg
6 Push Jerks, 70kg/47.5kg
 
Prior to this workout we had to warm up to a heavy hang power clean.  The idea of this is to then choose a lighter weight for the actual WOD which will feel easy.  It is a great concept ... for the first 2 rounds and then it's gets tough.
 
We had a cut off time of 15 minutes with the goal time to be within 5 - 10 minutes.  I had in my head that I would scale to 25 kg but as I warmed up I realised that it would be tough going so I dropped back to 20 kg (and was still a little worried how I would go).
 
This WOD really tested my grip and it fried my forearms.  Mind you, it feels like everything smashes my forearms lately ... I'm going to have arms like Popeye soon.  The times I had to rest was to stretch my fingers and roll my wrists.
 
I finished the workout in 7:07 and was fairly happy with that.  I think I went out a little too hard in the first round and then fatigued after that but I find the adrenaline is pumping before a hero WOD and it is easy to get caught up in having to go flat out rather than pacing yourself.
 
I find it amazing at how fatigued I feel after these short workouts.  I'm sitting here a few hours after I trained this morning and I am shattered.  I love it :-)

No comments: