Pages

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Tuesday Ramblings

Today's WOD:

Complete As Many Rounds as Possible in:
15min
-
5 Ring Push Ups
10 Pull Ups
10 V-Ups
50 Double Unders
 
This was a fun yet tough workout and I was really pleased with the improvements I have made in a few areas.  The only thing I had to scale was the pull ups and they felt really strong today that is has given me the confidence that if we have a WOD with a smaller number of pull ups I may give them a go unassisted.  The highlight of my day was that I managed to string together 28 double unders in a row which is a PB.  Yay!
 
We then moved onto some gymnastics work and, as we all know, this is an area which I need a LOT of work in.  I tried a movement on the floor that kind of looked like a candlestick pose but we had to rock into it and push up with our legs.  We then moved onto the rings to flip upside down and then bring our legs down. My whiny voice started up around then and I had a bit of a freak out.  I think it was a combination of trying something new, going upside down and the fact that there were a group of people watching me attempt it.  The introvert in me would rather try these things by myself and if I fail there are no witnesses ... I really need to work on that because nobody really cares if I try and fail.
 
I just wish I was fearless sometimes.

No comments: