Pages

Thursday, November 07, 2013

So Predictable

I am finding I'm cruising along maintaining a pretty positive outlook and then, BAM, doubt kicks in.  I know that it's cyclic, I know that it's part of the normal ebbs and flows of life but some days it's so hard to fight it.

I just have to remind myself that I'm doing well, to not compare, to not try and compete, to work hard but deload if I need, that it's okay to fail but I don't need to work to failure everytime I train, to believe in myself, to not take it all so seriously, that it's fun, to know that in a couple of days time I'll look back at days like today and wonder what I was down about.

That felt good to write down because I know that these down times are just a little blip in my life.  As I have said many times, I get frustrated because I want to be better.  A better wife, a better mother, a better person, a better crossfit athlete.  I don't want to be elite, I just want to be alright ... to be able to do the workouts as prescribed.  I don't think that is too much to ask, is it?  Anyway, I will keep chipping away and maybe I'll get there one day.

No comments: