Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nasty Girls With A Twist

This was my third attempt at Nasty Girls but, as has been the theme of the week, it had a twist and was called Nasty Girls - Got A Gun.  The difference is that instead of air squats we had to do pistols.  It was:

3 Rounds For Time:
-
50 Pistols (alternating)
7 Muscle Ups
10 Hang Power Cleans 60kg/40kg
 
My scaling was a follows:
  • Pistols - holding onto a pole
  • Muscle ups - 2 ring pull ups and 2 ring dips (with an orange band) is the equivalent to 1 muscle up.
  • Hang power cleans - 25 kg
 
The last time I did Nasty Girls I did the pull ups on the bar with a purple band and ring dips with the orange band.  The hang power cleans were 25 kg, my time was 17:11.  So a little progression with the pull ups.
 
I can't remember my time today but I think it was about 19:57 but will have to check tonight.  Considering that we did 50 pistols instead of 50 air squats I'm pretty happy with that time.  I'm also pleased with my ring pull ups as I feel like I maintained good form throughout the entire WOD.  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with today's effort.

No comments: