Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sucking Wind Down and Back

Sucking Wind is a WOD that we do on a regular basis but today had a twist where we had to do it as and ascending and descending ladder.  Now, I don't like Sucking Wind very much at the best of times as it contains movements I don't like very much including rowing, double unders, wall balls, running and burpees.  This is the WOD:

Sucking Wind Down & Back
-
30 Burpees
40 Wall Balls
400m Run
50 Double Unders
500m Row
50 Double Unders
400m Run
40 Wall balls
30 Burpees
 
Crazy, right???  I felt like I needed to put my big girl panties on today and chose to wear this shirt:
 
 
To top it off we had a horrendous warm up which was just as bad as the workout itself.
 
I ended up with a time of 26:57 which was one of the slowest of the 6 am class.  I struggled to get into the groove and I wonder if it had to do with the fact that I was a little tired after the strength class from yesterday.  OHS squats fatigue me so much as the movement is so technical.
 
The things I'm proud of with this workout:
  •  I wanted to cry and I didn't. 
  • My inner voice was putting me down the whole time with thoughts of, "I'm too slow", "I suck" and "I should just give up".  I didn't give up and I completed the workout.
  • I only walked when I had to turn around at the 200 m mark for the run legs.  I wanted to slow to a walk a lot sooner than that but I didn't.
  • We had the choice to modify the number of reps and I didn't.
  • As tough as this WOD was, I'll be back again tomorrow as I love it.
  • The last time I did the normal version of this workout I completed it in 13:44, if I were to halve today's time (not technically correct because we only do the row once) my 1 round time would be 13:28 ... so I'm taking that as a PB :-)
     
 


No comments: