Pages

Friday, January 03, 2014

Back From Holidays

I have spent the last week camping with the fam and some friends.  It is always lovely to get away although not so nice to be in a camper trailer in the middle of a heatwave.  I had grand plans of doing a couple of  camping WODs but it was waaaay too hot.
My baby girl

Moo

Our early morning visitor

Keppel Island

Kicking back
It hurt getting back into Crossfit this morning.  Not only has the heatwave continued but a week of overindulging has made me feel weak as a kitten and add to that a very 'un-fun' WOD of:

Dead-Lift
5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3
-
Then..
-
For Time:
50 Double Unders
18 DeadLifts B/W
50 Double Unders
15 DeadLifts B/W
50 Double Unders
12 DeadLifts B/W
50 Double Unders
9 DeadLifts B/W
50 Double Unders
6 Dead Lifts B/W
50 Double Unders
3 DeadLifts B/W
Run 1 Mile

I stupidly decided to attempt RX'd for this little sucker and regretted it in the first round of deadlifts.  This WOD nearly broke me and I admit to having a few tears midway through the workout.  People were going out for their run and I was still stuck on my 3rd round of deadlifts.  My hands were tearing from the deadlifts as they had softened up from a week off and lots of swimming.  I felt unwell and was sore but the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I didn't want a DNF (did not finish) after my name on the whiteboard.

I finished the WOD in 33:45, around 10 minutes after most of the people who trained in the morning session. I'm proud of this workout as I wanted to give up and yet I didn't.  I may have walked most of the run and I struggle to link double unders and deadlifts but I fought every inch of the way and that can only make me stronger.  I'm grateful, yet again, for my coaches as well as my teammates.  Gabby and Zoo met me out on the run and cheered me on for the home stretch, there were others waiting for me back at the box with the hose running so I could cool off in the water.  There are the WODs that I know I killed and then there are WODs like these ... and I reckon these types of WODs matter most.
New socks!

It takes some serious talent to whip your belly during double unders


No comments: