Pages

Monday, January 06, 2014

Welcome Back!

Saturday's WOD was a farewell to 2013 and welcome 2014.  It was:

In Partners or teams of 3
-
The 365 days of 2013
-
For Time:
31 Front Squats 62.5kg / 40kg
28 Sit Ups
31 Push Ups
30 Pull Ups
31 Thrusters 62.5kg / 40kg
30 Knee 2 Elbow
31 Ring Dips
31 C2B Pull Ups
30 Clusters 62.5kg / 40kg
31 Toes 2 Bar
30 Hand Stand Push Up
31 Burpee Pull Ups
-
Cash Out with – 365 Double Unders - because 2014 HERE WE COME
 
As Missy T was at a sleepover I originally thought to do this as a partner with Moo but decided to team up with my normal partner, Jo, as a team of 3 and was pretty glad we did.  This was a really good workout and the 3 of us worked well as a team.  I was really pleased that I did unassisted pull ups for my burpee pull ups and attempted unassisted ring dips.  My hands were pretty ripped up from Friday's WOD so I chose to do knee to chest instead of knee to elbow and toes 2 bar.
 
The best part of the day was having the hose sprayed on us after we finished, having a much earned Canego and sitting in the icebath.
 
I noticed when the scores were put on the website that there were 3 mother/daughter teams doing this WOD.  How fantastic is that?  It's such an awesome feeling to be able to share these workouts with my kids and I'm sure the other mums feel much the same way.
 
Today's WOD was a strength day of thrusters and strict pull ups.  I was so happy that I managed to PB my thrusters with a 35 kg lift and got several strict pull ups.  We then finished with a Tabata squat head to head against Jo.  We finished with exactly the same number which was great as when I sped up she would do the same and vice versa.

No comments: