Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Grace

Today was another benchmark WOD which I have done a few times already.  Grace is 30 clean and jerks for time, so simple yet so tough.  These are my stats:


Date
Clean and Jerk
Time
13/9/12
15
2:20
11/10/12
17.5
2:36
15/2/13
20
2:51
5/7/13
22.5
3:10
22/1/14
30
4:50

I pulled up a little sore from yesterday's workout but had set myself a goal of doing 30 kg today and stuck to my guns.  In the warm-up a friend gave me some great advice with regard to my jerks and I think I need to go back and work on some things with no weight on the bar but today wasn't that day.  I ended up just using my strength to get through this workout as my jerk technique went totally out the window as I fatigued which is funny as it is harder to strict press than to jerk.

My mate had a laugh and said to me if it was 30 clean and strict presses he reckons I would have rxd the workout.

I'm happy with how much I have improved in this workout.  I know my time has blown out but I have continued to increase the weight and kept the time under 5  minutes.  Yay!

I did have a bit of a chuckle when I graphed my results as the time increase is almost identical to the weight increase.  Nevermind, I will get to the point where I can RX'd the workout and then focus on time.

No comments: