Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Chief

“The Chief”
-
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
3 Power cleans, 60kg/40kg
6 Push-ups
9 Squats
-
Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles. Score equals total rounds. Partial rounds count, start each round where you left off on the previous round.
 
 
I really enjoy this WOD, it's hard work but the fact that you get a minute rest every 3 minutes breaks it up nicely.  As usual I went in thinking of a certain scaling.  The last time I did this workout I chose 25 kg for my power cleans and bench push ups therefore my plan was to increase the weight to 27.5 kg and keep the same scaling for my push ups.
 
Jo, my normal partner, wasn't there this morning and I was put with a girl that is stronger than me.  I asked her what weight she was thinking for the cleans and she was wanting to do 30 kg.  While I could have changed weights for my turn I decided to lift her weight and was pretty happy with the result.
Date
Rounds
Power Cleans
Push Ups
23/4/13
22
25 kg
Bench
20/1/14
22 + 3 + 6 + 3
30 kg
Bench
I pretty much maintained the number of rounds but increased the weight by 5 kg!  I'm so happy with that result!
 
I sometimes think being partnered with someone who is stronger than me is the best thing for me as I tend to get pushed that little harder ... and then I realise what I can actually achieve :-)

No comments: