Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Isabel

Today we did Grace's sister, Isabel.  Where Grace is 30 clean and jerks for time, Isabel is 30 snatches for time.

This week I'm really tired which is quite normal at certain times of the month.  We had to find our 1 RM for our snatch prior to doing the WOD and I didn't reach my record as I just wasn't feeling it.  It's all good ... the snatch is such a technical lift and I find it fatigues me more than some of the other lifts that we do.  My technique felt pretty good and I tried to focus on hip extension and my shrug.

I decided to go with 20 kg for Isabel as my max lift today was 27.5 kg.  Like Grace, we had a 10 minute cut off which gave me plenty of time if I needed to rest.  This is a short and sharp workout and I completed it in 2:13.  I tried to pace myself the best I could as I have a tendency in Grace to try and go as fast as I can and then die in the arse by the 10th rep.  I had to break a couple of times today but overall I was happy with how it went.

That's it for me for training this week.  I'm heading to Sydney with my girls to watch the Gladdie and Rocky crews compete in a Nation wide competition (and get some shopping in as well).  I can't wait!!

No comments: