Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Me Vs Me

Today we had a choice of doing a 2 km run or row.  As we only have 4 rowers and quite a few people I decided to do the run instead ... I figure I can improve at both these elements therefore it doesn't matter which one I choose.

The beauty of keeping statistics and logging my workouts is I can look back on them and see how I'm going.  I'm glad of this today as I was, as usual, the last person back from the run and logged a time of 8:47.  When I compared this to my last attempt I realised that I beat my previous time by 13 seconds.  During the run I was reminding myself as all the others were pulling away from me that there was a time when I could barely run 2 km and today it felt good.

It is easy for me to fall into the trap of comparing against other people but ultimately it's me against me.

No comments: