Pages

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

A Weekend Away

What a weekend!  I feel so lucky that I was able to take my daughters down to Sydney to watch the Allstars Affiliate Series final and cheer on the Gladstone and CQ teams.  CrossFit Gladstone did so well to finish 16th and CrossFit CQ fought hard for their 40th position.  It was so inspirational to watch all the athletes compete on the weekend.

I also took the opportunity to catch up with some ex-12wbters that I met during my Lean and Strong days.  A couple of them are fellow Crossfitters so they were more than keen to come along to the competition on Saturday.  It was so nice to have some people to chat about all things Crossfit.

The girls were fantastic all weekend and it was so cute to hear them cheering for our teams.  They got into it as much as me and we all had sore throats by the end of each day from barracking for the crews.

We left a little bit early on the second day of the competition to allow us to fit in a little bit of sightseeing and caught a train to Circular Quay to see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.

It was a fabulous weekend and I wish we had a little bit longer to see a few more things but at the same time it was great to get back home.

No comments: