Pages

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Missed it by that much

Today we had a strength WOD of Sumo Deadlift High Pulls followed by a met con of:

5 Rounds For Time:
30 Sit Ups
20 Med Ball Cleans 10kg/6kg
10 KB Swings 24kg/16kg
Rest 1 min
 
When I saw this workout I thought that this was one I could RXd and I even warmed up with those weights.  Nick came over and gave me the cue of having to have the kettlebell vertical overhead and this was when I swallowed my pride and went down in weight.  I'm glad I did as my back has been a little tight the last few days and the final rounds were quite tough.
 
I could have beaten myself up for not doing the workout as prescribed but I have chosen not to do that and realise that my body wasn't up to it today.  I still got a fantastic workout.  I was still shattered at the end and that is the most important thing.


No comments: