Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Super Saturday

I know I have said it multiple times but I love Saturdays.  I get to do a WOD with my 2 most favourite people in the world, if I can I do the Pilates class and then we finish it off with morning tea at a coffee shop.  Today's WOD was a good one:
In Partners
 -
100 Double Unders
 (each, working at the same time)
50 OH Walking Lunge Steps 20kg/15kg
10 Burpees
80 Double Unders
50 OH Walking Lunge Steps 20kg/15kg
20 Burpees
60 Double Unders
50 OH Walking Lunge Steps 20kg/15kg
30 Burpees
40 Double Unders
50 OH Walking Lunge Steps 20kg/15kg
40 Burpees
20 Double Unders
50 OH Walking Lunge Steps 20kg/15kg
50 Burpees
*Both partners working at the same time to complete there double unders. Both partners must each complete required amount. Only in double unders can both partners work together, everything else only one partner can work at a time and it is accumulating the required reps together.

We did it in a team of 3, the girls skipped instead of double unders, did unweighted lunges and burps.  I did everything as prescribed except for the weight where I did 10 kg instead of 15 kg.  In hindsight I could have done the 15 kg.

The warm up was loads of fun but really hard work where we had to do lateral burpees over a partner and then did a Simon says with different exercises.  The WOD itself was a fun workout and the girls and I chipped away at it completing it in 29.28.  The girls did really well and they did a few more reps than me for the burpees and lunges.  I'm so proud of them.

No comments: