Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

More Stats

I think I have way too much time on my hands ... actually it's more the fact that I'm procrastinating about doing my actual job!  I decided to check out the points where the most people dropped off the leaderboard.  As I have said before, if you don't post a score for whatever reason you are knocked off the main leaderboard and I was interested to see when that happened.

 
Last year I was bumped out in Week 4, this year Week 2.  As you can see the largest drop out rate were in the same weeks of each year.  It makes me wonder why people didn't submit scores.  Were they sick, injured, on holidays or, like me, couldn't complete 1 repetition of the first exercise in the workout.  It will be interesting to see what the rest of this year's Open will bring but it makes me feel better that there were lots of women that stumbled at the same point I have both years.
 
This week's training has been really fun.  Tuesday we worked on front squats and bar muscle ups.  I have never had the chance to attempt banded bar muscle ups before and was stoked that I got a few.  It was a lot tougher than what I thought it was going to be.  I really enjoy being able to work on some other skills.
 
Yesterday was a team WOD of power cleans, burpees and running.  It was one we have done before and I think we had the same team.  It was hard work but heaps of fun.  I have to say that I really enjoyed the last few days.  I think that it's easy to lose the fun during the Open and as much as I love the anticipation and excitement that surround the Open I also think it's important to stand back and find the joy in movement.

No comments: