Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Same, Same

I went back yesterday to have another shot at 14.2.  Michelle, our Pilates coach, took me aside to give me some coaching with regard to my overhead squat.  I am so grateful that she took the time to help me out and yet again I was so close but not quite there.  There was once where I hit depth and she grabbed a registered judge and I tried again.  Unfortunately it wasn't to be as I didn't get it again last night.

Today's WOD was a strength day and I chose to just work on my squats again.  Nick gave me some great tips and the movement felt a little better than yesterday but again I couldn't hit depth.  Surprisingly I feel okay with it all.  I am proud of the fact that I kept trying despite failing over and over again.  The weight just got the better of me and there is no shame in that.  The positive is that I can set this at a goal and work towards it.

The disappointing thing for me is that I can't post a score of 0 so essentially the Open is over for me.  It will be unfortunate if the next workout is something I can do but I guess there's not an awful lot I can do about it.  I will still be attempting to RXD the workouts if I can and get judged as I still want the feeling of the Open.  I do believe that they have to make changes to the ranking system if they wish to continue sounding like the Open is inclusive because at the moment it isn't.  I am not complaining about the WOD itself; it's not about the movements or the weights, I personally don't have an issue with the fact that I couldn't lift it but I think that they should allow a score of 0.  Honestly, if someone gets a 0 in any workout they won't be going to Regionals as it is likely they will be toward the bottom of the pile.  If a person goes to the lengths of showing up, getting judged and is wanting to put it out into the world that they scored nothing then why not let them.

No comments: