Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Embracing The Suck

Today was a WOD that included 4 of my worst exercises: squat snatch, running, rowing and double unders.  I was tempted to not show up.  I have been struggling mentally with Crossfit recently ... I love it so much but I'm not very good at it and there is a part of me that thinks it would be easier to quit.  I don't believe I ask for much. I don't need to excel, I just want to be able to see improvement and some days it is hard to see it (particularly after having a couple of weeks off).

I was glad that I went today.  I got to work on my weaknesses and hopefully made some headway with my lifting.  And regardless of my times for my run and row it is always good to get out there and improve my fitness.

For me, it's a matter of attitude.  I can approach things negatively or I can be positive.  I had to fight that Negative Nelly today and I admit to letting  her beat me a few times but I ended the workout feeling good about how I went today.

No comments: