Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Abbate

Today's fun was the hero WOD Abbate:

For Time
-
Run 1 mile (1.6km)
21 Clean & Jerks 70kg/47.5kg
Run 800m
21 Clean & Jerks 70kg/47.5kg
Run 1 mile (1.6km)
I knew that this was going to be tough one for me, given my running ability/speed.  It was tempting to stay snuggled up in bed but how am I going to get better at running if I skip running WODs?
 
I scaled the clean and jerks to 25 kg and, in hindsight, I may have been able to go a little higher as it was challenging but doable.  My run was sloooooow and as a result I finished the workout DFL (dead fucking last) with a time of 30:15, 3 minutes slower than the person who came second last.  Despite that, and the knowledge that I was out all by myself on the final run, I was happy with how I went. Yes, I could shave off some time ... particularly in my clean and jerks.  Yes, I'm as slow as an asthmatic snail but I didn't stop to walk at any point ... although I'm not sure if that's a good thing because often (not today) I see people walk on the run legs and they still beat my times.
 
I think I had accepted my fate of finishing last as soon as I saw the WOD when it was posted last night and as a result I am okay with the outcome.

No comments: