Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Working On Weaknesses

Today is overhead squat day.  My overhead squat is appalling hence why I'm looking forward to going this afternoon ... it gives me a chance to work on my weakness.  During the Open workouts I failed my 30 kg OHS and I have to admit I'm still smarting a little over it because I could have done the pull up portion of the WOD.  The beauty of this failure is that it gives me something to strive for ... a number to head towards.  I WANT that 30 kg OHS!  I also believe that by improving my OHS it will then flow onto my squat snatch.

Talking of weaknesses, I have sporadically been working on getting inverted as well as box jumps.  I purchased a box for home with the goal of practicing a little each day.  Life has a tendency of getting in the way and I have been a little hit and miss with my routine.  Likewise with my handstand practice but I'm happy to report that I'm holding a headstand for a reasonable length of time.  Overall, I'm making baby steps towards these 2 goals.

No comments: