Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Poor Mossy

He hasn't been getting walked much lately.  I always find it hard in winter because I would rather stay snuggled up in bed rather than out trudging the streets.  I need to just suck it up and drag my lazy arse out of bed on the days I take him in the mornings.

I skipped the gym last night as I had forgotten that Missy T needed to get picked up from ballet early.  Instead I worked on my weaknesses at home.  I have bought myself a box to practice box jumps and am slowly building my confidence.  I am standing on an aerobic step and then jumping onto the box and lowering the height as I gain confidence.  I am also working on my lateral jumping and started with the barbell on the ground and gradually adding height.  I'm finding I'm improving quite quickly with this.  It worries me that these sort of things may come up in the comp that I'm doing next month or when the Open starts up again next year.  It is both frustrating and depressing that I struggle so much with these sort of movements but I know I'll get there.  My problem is that when I try to progress too quickly I then lose confidence when I baulk at the box or barbell and then I have to start again from the beginning.  If I try to do it most days and take it slowly I will actually progress faster than I have been.

No comments: