Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wanting It All

Our CrossFit box has started up a weightlifting club which runs 3 times a week between 6:30 - 8 pm.  It's a fantastic addition to our timetable with the added bonus of programming from the coaches who were involved during the weekends competition and coaching sessions.

The difficult part for me is the timing.  I don't like to spend too much time away from the family and the times it is on is, in my mind, an important part of our day.  I like to sit down and have meals as a family to talk about our day and spend time together.  We are so busy running around that it is easy to forget to be a family.  I like to train in the morning or while the girls are at dancing so it doesn't encroach on our routine too much plus I love the CrossFit classes and I would hate to miss out on those so with that in mind I had decided not to join the weightlifting club.  Until I did the training on Sunday and I saw how much it could help me.

School holidays start next week and Mal has a break from Touch Footy and the girls don't have dancing or netball so I decided to join in the weightlifting classes for those 2 weeks.  I'm grateful that I can change my gym membership to allow for this for a couple of weeks and because it is a new club they will be doing a lot of foundation work.

The hard bit for me is that I want to do everything.  I don't want to miss out on my morning CrossFit classes but I also want to do the weightlifting plus I need to work on a few other things.  I guess, though, even the 6 sessions I'm committing to over the holidays are going to help my lifting overall.

No comments: