Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

14.1 Revisited

This morning we did some snatch strength work and then finished with the first open WOD from this year which is:

Workout 14.1
MEN - includes Masters Men up to 54 years old
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 double-unders
75-lb. power snatches, 15 reps
WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 double-unders
55-lb. power snatches, 15 reps
 
I really wasn't feeling it this morning.  I was still tired and sore from the weekend as well as still feeling the effects of this darn flu that I've had.  I didn't get anywhere near my 1RM for my snatch and then chose to do 10 kg for the power snatch in the 14.1 which was a long way off the 25 kg I did in February ... granted it was ground to overhead and I did clean and jerks when I did it in February.
 
I really struggled this morning and couldn't get my rhythm.  I was getting frustrated with my snatch as I never seem to keep it close enough to my body in the pull.  I found it hard to get my breath and had to stop in my double unders constantly to get my breathing under control.  As a result I was really disappointed in my score ... until I logged my workout.  I actually got 22 more reps than I did in February.  I know I lifted a lot less weight but, honestly, it was the double unders that slowed me down.  It just goes to show the importance of logging your wods.
 
Date Snatch Reps
3/03/2014 25 147
21/07/2014 10 169
 
 
 

No comments: