Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

That Feels Better!

I haven't been sleeping well lately.  I find it hard to wind down and switch my brain off and often lie there looking at the clock for a long time after settling in for the night.  The result is me becoming a little cray-cray.

I didn't do the Crossfit class yesterday and went to Mobility instead.  Like everything I have to choose between either mobility or crossfit, I can't do both unless I get up at stupid o'clock and do the 5 am class.  I went onto the FB page and looked at the scores for the class and noticed everyone had at least something for the handstand hold or handstand walk part of the WOD.  That sent me spiralling into beat up mode.  Thoughts of "I suck because I can't even kick up into a handstand" and "I don't know why I keep showing up because I'm not showing any progress whatsoever."  I wish I could keep the negativity at bay.  I wish I could do handstands and box jumps and other stuff that people take for granted so I wouldn't get so down on myself all the time.  I wish I had more time in my day to work on my weaknesses.  I wish ... I wish ...

I decided at that point that I needed to take myself off to bed.  I was like an overtired toddler ... having a tantrum because I needed sleep but at the same time I have been fighting sleep all week.

I had about 9 hours sleep and feel so much better for it.  I skipped into Crossfit this morning, ready to attack the workout, not dreading it like I had been last night (it had sprints in it).  I've also taken the day off work which I think is helping with my attitude today as well.

No comments: