Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hmmmm?

Yesterday I logged my food.  I hate logging food and I guess if I want to do it properly I should weigh my food ... which I dislike even more.  Something I got out of logging my food guesstimates was that while my calories were good, my protein was really low at around 20%.  This could be the major factor for my lack of improvement in strength.

The problem I have at the moment is I have run out of protein powder and I don't really want to have to rely on it to get my protein up PLUS I don't want to eat egg whites (why waste a perfectly good, tasty yolk?) so my fats go well over in an attempt to get protein from meat, eggs, nuts and dairy.

Anyway, I'm attempting to increase my protein with lean meats.  Mal has made a batch of jerky (not his best effort unfortunately) and we have some cooked chicken meat for lunches.  I guess I can only try and see if it makes a difference.

No comments: