Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Next Comp Coming Up

We have another team competition coming up at the end of this month.  This time it is a mixed competion involving 2 males and 2 females.  Karla and I are going to team up again with her hubby Scott and one of the other 6 am peeps Tony.  Again, I think we have a team of people that are competing for the right reasons, and that's to have fun but to also push ourselves the best we can.

I am a little concerned that box jumps are going to come up at some point and if we are unable to scale to step ups I know I'm going to have to step aside and ask someone else to compete in my place.  Although I have been practicing at home I don't seem to be making any headway at all.

I'm also a little concerned that I'll be the weak link in the team.  I'm not nearly as strong as my other team mates and while I can do some body weight movements well I feel like I will let down the team as I can't lift as heavy as them.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself, I am just wondering if in the next few weeks I should try to up my game.

The difficult thing for me is that when I have tried to go to the next level I often fall flat on my face and am advised to go back in scaling.  I wonder what will make me stronger and better: hard scaling with less reps or easy scaling with more reps.  In some cases, like wall balls, I try to go up to 6 kg but miss the mark more than I hit it and am no repped and get told to go back to 4 kg but I've been doing 4 kg for god knows how long with no sign of improvement.  If there are 6 kg wall balls in the comp, I'm screwed.  My pull ups are the same, I have been on orange band for over a year and the last competition proved that I can't do unassisted in a WOD.  I wish I knew how to improve.

No comments: