Pages

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Nutrition Month WOD

I think I mentioned that we had a nutrition month last month.  The idea was that we did a workout and worked on our diet for the month and then repeated the WOD at the end of the month.

I didn't make any changes to my diet, in fact, as soon as I was told I should cut something out my inner toddler chucked a tanty and then I proceeded to eat anything and everything.  My lunch on Friday was takeaway Mexican but as far as takeaway goes it wasn't too bad as it was a burrito bowl of chicken, brown rice, beans, salsa and guacamole.

As I have said, I have been exhausted recently and I had to force myself into the gym on Friday afternoon.  The nutrition WOD was:

For as many reps as possible
3 Handstand Push Ups / Push Ups
6 Pull Ups
9 DeadLifts @ BW
*If you complete 3 rounds in 3 minutes complete 30 Double unders and continue.
If you complete 6 rounds in 6 minutes complete 30 Double unders and continue.
If you complete 9 Rounds in 9 minutes complete 30 Double unders and continue.
If you complete 12 Rounds in 12 minutes complete 30 Double unders and continue.
If you complete 15 Rounds in 15 Minutes complete 30 Double unders and continue.
and so on and so on…..
*Note: once athlete have completed there 3 Rounds they can complete the 30 double unders as soon as they like, you do have to wait for the 3min to be up. The Double unders do not count as a round so if the athlete completes there last deadlift just before the time cap that is that round comleted and they move to double unders and continue for the next 3 min.
*If an athlete isn’t able to complete the required rounds in the 3, 6 or 9 min mark record where they reached and continue on for the remainder of 15min aiming to complete as many reps as possible. Athletes should record both scores.
 
My scores were:
 
Date HSPU Pull Up Deadlift (kg) Double Unders Rounds Round + Partial + AMRAP
1/07/2014 Push Up Ring Row 40 10 6 6.2 13
1/08/2014 Push Up Ring Row 40 10 14 14.3  
 
The idea was to keep the scaling the same.  The last time I did it my wrist was a little sore so I did push ups with 8 kg dumbbells and an ab mat.  I also did ring rows instead of banded pull ups as it saves time (getting in and out of the bands is really time consuming).  I only did 10 reps of double unders as I knew this would slow me down as well.
 
As you can see, a month ago I only got just over 6 rounds out and then went on to complete the 15 minutes as an AMRAP.  This month I got through the entire 15 minutes and finished with just over 14 rounds.  A massive improvement.
 
I think I just proved that to improve in Crossfit you need to eat the food!


No comments: