Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Back Into It

We have been away for a lovely week at Airlie Beach.


As much as it is fantastic to get away I'm glad to be back home and hopefully get back into some routine with regard to diet and exercise ... the old work pants were a bit tight when I got dressed this morning.

Today was a squat day.  I really struggled this morning and felt weak and shaky as a result of way too many refined carbs last night (and the last week and a bit).  I only managed to get to 50 kg in my squats.  The second half was a fun partner WOD of:

Accumulate as many reps as possible:
0-2 min: Back Squat (60/40kg)
2-4 min: Pull ups
4-6 min: Hang Power Cleans (60/40kg)
6-8 min: Box Jumps (24″)
8-9 min: Rest
9-11 min: Double Unders
11-12 min: Rest
12-14 min: Box Jumps
14-16 min: Hang Power Cleans
16-18 min: Pull ups
18-20 min: Back Squat
 
I was put into a team of 3 with Tracey and Julia with Tracey and I working at the same time.  I quite enjoyed this workout as it was challenging but we still got some rest periods.  We all had a weight of 25 kg for the squat and cleans, I did unassisted pull ups and 12" box jumps.  I didn't accumulate many pull ups but I'm glad I went without a band.

I'm going to try to get to weightlifting tonight and I'm hoping to try and get there once a week as I feel like I need to work on these movements.  I hope only going once a week will help me even a little.

No comments: