Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I Never Learn

I'm exhausted.  Yesterday's training took it out of me.  I know that there are a few people at my gym that can train multiple times a day but I'm not that person.  I did Crossfit, worked all day, took the dog for a walk and then did 1.5 hours of weightlifting.  I find that it is hard to switch off after weightlifting, it's like my brain is wired and I can't turn it off so I find it hard to go to sleep.  I should have had a rest day today and my effort in today's WOD reflected that.  Why do I keep doing it to myself?

Despite all that, I had a great session at weightlifting last night.  I actually got a full snatch last night!!!  Happy days!  Okay, it was just with the 10 kg bar but I'm not sure if I have ever gotten into a full snatch from the ground (I did when I did the one-on-one session with the weightlifting coaches but that was from the hang).  To most people this would seem like a small insignificant thing but, to me, it's a big fricken deal!

We then went onto power clean and jerk and I was really happy with how I went.  I got some pretty good feedback and worked on improving my shrug.  I also need to work on opening my hips more.

The last thing we worked on was our front squat.  I had Shane spot me when I went for my 1RM of 55 kg but unfortunately failed the attempt.  I still feel really good about it as it is good for me to try and push myself out of my comfort zone.

I may be tired today but I'm also really happy.  Early night for this chook tonight though :)

No comments: