Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lurgy!

The problem with going out and having a good time is that I often get sick afterwards.  Maybe it's because of the late nights, alcohol, being out in the cold, poor food choices or a combination of all of the above.  Whatever it was I managed to pick up a lurgy in the last few days.  Stupidly, I decided to drag my sorry arse to the gym this morning after popping some flu tablets to help with the sinus issues.

Some days I do some really, really silly things and this was one of them.  Today's workout was a strength WOD working on snatch.  I knew that I wouldn't get a PB today but I was shocked at how weak I was.  I had to put the bar down and rest after each rep in our sets of 5 and 3.  On the plus side, Jardan gave me some great pointers on extending my hips and I think I made a little bit of headway with it.  I wish I could go in when they have open gym and practice some more, particularly from the hang position.

The second part of the session was a dumbbell snatch, lunge doublet and I got to halfway through my first round and knew that I had bitten off more than I could chew.  I felt weak and shaky and my heartrate felt too high.  I chose to not finish the WOD and go home.  I hate doing that but I knew that it wasn't doing me any good by continuing on with the workout.

And now I'm at work ... yet another stupid decision made by me. 

No comments: