Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

DT

I'm still in a bit of a hole and trying to dig myself out.  I wonder if I should have a decent break but I worry that if I stop I'll never start up again.  I think I'll have a deload week, dial it back and try to get my mojo back that way because I love the community aspect of the gym, the people there are my second family.  I also think that it's the busyness and stress of my 'normal' life that is bringing me down.

I have been a bit hit and miss this week.  I gave the normal CF session a miss on Monday in favour of going to weightlifting and had a rest day on Wednesday as Missy T has started another orchestra session and has to get to school early.  Tuesday I had a good workout although I went really light and Jardan upped my weights partway through the workout.  It was a fun one.

Last night we had the benchmark WOD DT.  I have done this one before so had some data to compare myself against.  For some reason I was really nervous before doing the workout.  I'm not sure if it's because I have been lacking the mental strength to get through the workouts lately and nothing tests you like a benchmark workout. Despite that I chose to increase the weight and see how I went.

The workout is:

5 rounds of:
12 Deadlifts (70kg/50kg)
9 Hang power cleans (70kg/50kg)
6 Push jerks (70kg/50kg)

The finisher was 3 minutes of bar touching burpees and then 2 minutes of the same after a 2 minute rest.  I got 33 and then 22 but felt I could have done better.
This looks like a massive improvement in time but it's actually only 10 seconds! LOL!

DateDeadlift,Hang Power Clean, Push JerkTime
6/11/2013207:07:00
16/10/2014256:57:00

No comments: