Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Michael

I'm still lacking enthusiasm but I'm just trying to push through it.  As much as I'm struggling with certain aspects of life (eg gym, work, family etc ... which is pretty much everything!), I know it is good for me to surround myself with positive people and with that in mind I continue to go to the gym everyday.  Today was a tough one that required me to dig deep.  The first part was:

Front Squat
1,10,1,20,1,30 reps

1 = 100%
10 = 80% of 1RM
20 = 70% of 1RM
30 = 60% of 1RM

I attempted 50 kg for my 1RM and found it so hard.  My lower back and shoulders are incredibly tight and in my current mindset I didn't stay on the bar for the 20 and 30 rep schemes.  I have noticed over the last few weeks that my mind has weakened as well as my body and I'm finding it hard to push through the mental barriers.

The next part was the hero workout Michael:

3 rounds for time of:
800m run
50 Back extensions
50 sit ups

Not one that I felt like doing after front squats but I guess I just had to suck it up.  The run was sloooooow but I was happy with my back extensions and sit ups and I managed to chip of 1 minute and 40 seconds off my previous time but still didn't beat my record.  I'm not sure if we did anything else the times we did Michael in the past so I'm pretty happy that I beat my previous score and came close to my record considering I have no energy at the moment and we had smashed our legs with front squats.
 
Date
Time
12/07/2013
22:31:00
23/01/2014
24:37:00
9/10/2014
22:57:00
 
 

No comments: