Pages

Monday, December 01, 2014

12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
12 Rounds for Time:
-
1 Muscle Up
2 Wall Walks
3 Hanstand Push ups
4 Dead Lifts 125kg/90kg
5 Toes 2 Bar
6 D/B Thrusters 20kg / 15kg
7 pistols (each leg Alternating)
8 Pull Ups
9 Burpee Box Jumps 24″/20″
10 Clean& Jerks 60kg/40kg
11 KB Swings 32kg/24kg
120 Double Unders
* The first round is 1 Muscle Ups, the second round is 2 Wall walks and 1 muscle Ups, The third round is 3 HSPU, 2 wall walks and 1 Muscle Up, etc.
 
Mental Note: Read the entire workout before going in as I didn't realise the rounds were an accumulation of the previous round.  A bit of a rude shock to start the day.
 
I've injured my back so had to do some modifications.  My scaling was as follows:
 
Muscle up = 2 pull ups (oband) + 2 ring dips (oband)
Wall walks = walk up as far as I could (not very far)
HSPU = box pike
Deadlifts = med ball deadlifts (6 kg)
Toes 2 bar = knee up
DB thrusters = 6 kg
Pistols = 16" box
Pull ups = oband
Burpee box jumps = 9" (2 x 25 kg plates + 1 x 10 kg plate)
Clean and Jerk = med ball clean (6 kg)
KB swings = med ball lunges (6 kg)
120 double unders = 100 double unders
 
It wasn't a pretty workout today.  There were certain aspects I was happy with; my pull ups and ring dips and my pistols (even though they weren't great on my hip/back).  I was really fatigued by the end so ended up doing step ups instead of box jumps, it was like my brain wasn't communicating with my legs and I couldn't jump.  For some reason I thought we had to do 150 double unders and I stopped at 100 ... I should've done the full reps.  The thrusters were a little too light but I was worried how I was going to go in the squat portion of it.
 
The workout took me 44:03.  It was a tough one.

No comments: