Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Yoga Day

Getting some 'help' while I'm stretching

Over the last month my back has been hurting, it is a combination of sitting all day at work, travelling to Sunny Coast for the weekend a month ago, work and family stress and just a build up from exercise.  This isn't the first time I have been like this and it won't be the last.  I have to admit that I have been doing well with regard to injuries and I don't think it's a coincidence that this has happened and I haven't been to a mobility or pilates class in awhile.

Today was the benchmark workout of Nancy.  5 rounds of 400 m run and 15 OHS.  There is no possible way that I would be able to do an overhead squat and often the alternative is the front squat which also requires those erector spinae muscles to be activated.  My best option was to take the day off.

I guess, for me, a day off isn't really a day off and I chose to drag out my Cathe yoga DVD for some stretching.  I realised just how tight my hamstrings, hips and shoulders are as soon as I started the DVD but I felt pretty good once I was done ... my back is still really tight but it was nice to do something a little more gentle albeit still challenging.

Here's hoping the massage I'm getting tomorrow will loosen everything up.

No comments: