Pages

Monday, December 08, 2014

Squat Day

Today was a 3RM front squat day.  I was a little concerned as my back still isn't feeling the best and the last time we did front squats I could barely squat the 15 kg bar.  I was also worried because I did this on Saturday:

 
 
I was putting the barbell away and accidentally knocked the one above which made it fall down.  I then tried to cushion its fall with my arm which may have been fine but the falling bar drove my watch into my wrist.  It actually looks a lot worse than it is and I need not have been concerned about my front squats this morning as it held up quite well.

I think our warm up this morning prepared me well for our front squats: we had to do a partner run and air squats and broad jumps then a finisher of a 2 min squat test.  I think holding the bottom of the squat for that length of time stretched everything out nicely.

I was happy with how my squats went today.  I didn't go heavy, my 3 RM was only 45 kg but I was happy with my form.  We then did an EMOM of double unders, thrusters and pull ups.  I chose 25 kg for my thrusters but my biggest issues was cleaning the weight up.  I found I needed to split the movement into a deadlift and then a hang clean.  It is so frustrating that I can't do the stuff that I want to do.

In other news, my baby started pointe this week.  I don't know who was more excited her or me.  Both the girls did so well.  She's a little sore today but more calves than feet, I don't think it will take long for her to get stronger in this position.

No comments: