Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sucking Wind

An oldie but a goodie (?!)
For Time:
30 Burpees
40 Wall Balls 10kg/6kg
400m Run
50 Double Unders
500m Row

We have done this one several times before and here is the data:

Date Time Burpees Wall Balls
10/12/2012 13:44 Knee 3
24/02/2013 14:12 Knee 4
24/04/2013 15:09 Full 4
29/06/2013 13:44 Full 4
17/12/2014 12:15 Full 4

To say that I'm happy with my improvement is an understatement ... I'm ecstatic!  I changed the order in which I did it this morning, starting on double unders, moving to the row, wall balls, then the run and finally the burpees.  My theory was that I can get a good run of double unders when I'm fresh and therefore it will be a lot quicker than if I left them until last like I normally do.  I was wanting to do the wall balls next but the station was quite busy so I jumped onto the rower instead.  I did the run leg second last to give my shoulders a break so I could chip away at the burpees last.  I knew that I could chip away at the burpees and I would be fine mentally, it intrigues me that the run leg is one of the toughest for me mentally but burpees are fine.

I really wanted to try the 6 kg wall ball today but I felt like I would have too many no-reps ... as it was I found it hard to make the line with the 4 kg.  I do find, however, that it doesn't matter what the weight of the wall ball is I only ever just make the line ... I did 3 kg the other day and barely made the 9 ft line, it seems like I only ever do just enough to get through the workout.

No comments: