Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

15.5

It's all over, red rover! I was terrified of this workout and I stupidly went and watched the throwdown between the Gladstone and Tannum crews which only made me more scared.  I even thought of giving it a miss but I wanted to finish on a high.

I decided to split my reps up into 9's for the 27 set but thought that may be a bit ambitious so did 3 sets of 5 and then 3 sets of 4.  I split the other rounds into sets of 3.  I tried to keep my row above 700 cals/hr.

As you can see above, my time was 17:25.  It is not a great time but considering the amount of exercise I've done in the last few months I'm not unhappy with it.  I was actually really pleased with how I went in this WOD, not once did I stop believing that I could do it ... I may have been slow but I tried to keep moving as much as I could.  I'm also really happy with how I have pulled up.  After each of the other Open WODs I have been barely able to walk or bend over, today I feel great.  There is some tightness there but it is not worse than it has been and after 72 thrusters and 72 calories on the row I would expect to have some muscle tightness.

No comments: